Advertisement

Help is Available!

Do you or someone you love need help with an addiction?

Call Today (877) 621-2129

24-Hour Partner Helpline

THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE

The content on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this or any website. By viewing this website you agree to have read, understand, and agree to the website Terms of Use and Forum Guidelines.

Do you or someone you love need help with an opioid dependency?

Get Help Today! (877) 621-2129

Pages: Next Page

Previous Page

Thread: suboxone prescribed as non narcotic for over 5 years - quit within 3 months

Created on: 01/21/13 12:35 PM

Replies: 4

pma555

suboxone prescribed as non narcotic for over 5 years - quit within 3 months
01/21/13 12:35 PM

at the end of 2007 - after a back operation, I was told that Suboxone was a miracle drug and that would not be opiod. For over 5 years, I have been trying to find out what was causing my decline in health - the same doctor then prescribed Serax a few years ago...
Finally in October of 2012, I discovered the toxins that were being prescribed and in a 3 week period detoxed at home. By November, I began to feel the effects of this quick at-home detox and ended up yet at another clinic that prescribed valium and other drugs...
By early January, and after much research - I released myself and utilizing Heather Ashton's tapering method - I am tapering the valium....
Thank God I was able to voice my concerns when this clinic tried to put me on high dosages of Valium. I monitored myself down to 5MG and will continue to taper 3MG - 2MG 1MG .50MG and .25MG - When we are feeling our worst and most vulnerable is when we need a strong advocate to challenge medications.
Although I went through Withdrawals in November by early December, I was was so frightened that I went to first detox clinic that my husband could find.
Is it okay to take ambient for sleep deprivation during these long days and nights of Post Acute Withdrawals -- I am 57 business woman that cannot work because of PAWS and lack of sleep and concentration. How long will this horrible feeling last?

Link | Top | Bottom

mariec

RE: suboxone prescribed as non narcotic for over 5 years - quit within 3 months
02/16/13 11:20 AM

The ambian will help. I had to do the same thing. I also am in my mid 50's. Struggled with back pain since early 40's. Was on opiates, then suboxone. My insurnce covers nothing, and tratment is expensive. I paid over 4K since May 2012, and was told Tuesday, Feb 12th when I came in for my appt my bill was 2K. I cancelled appt and have had to go without now. The extreme no sleep, low energy,and chronic back pain is a killer. Eyes hard to focus. Stuffy nose. I just hope and pray this doesnt go on much nlonger. I have read 90 days to heal. WOW! I cant imagine going thru this for 90 days. I wish you luck and hope you are doing well. OH! Also very depressed. Not a fun thing to get over. It's a shame we pay for insurance, yet it covers very little. I work inside sales for a large corp and this past week has been terrible.

Link | Top | Bottom

pma555

02/16/13 5:21 PM

I was Director of Sales - and used to field sals... inside sales would be really rough/ I just was so sick from Suboxone that I did not work the past 2 years. Thank God for my husband - but if this could happen to me - I am afraid this could happen to anyone.
I think work will also give you structure? But I am very concerned that you are jumping from a dose of Suboxone to nothing....Because I was so naive and finally learned Suboxone was making me sick and greedy physicians wealthy - I tapered rather quickly which did not help because I did not understand withdrawals - immediate ones or extended ones
I think Suboxone makes you depressed - My husband is also naive and he had never seen me so freaked out --- so we immediately ran to the most advertised place called New Beginnings in WPB Florida -- and I think that they are just as bad as Suboxone Doctors and wanted to keep me on drugs - that I would not take - so after almost $4,000 (for crazy advice) --- I was on my own. Acupuncture kind of works - but I found Massage therapist and paid for 10 massages up front at $400 - which is cheap for a really good therapist - and also sought holistic healing... and I thought the Acupuncture would be great? as I read about this for PAWS --- but trust me - massage therapy helps so much more and please do not think I am crazy but I grew so desperate - the best thing was a holistic healer that utilized Trinfinity8 -- look it up on the internet - and I don't know where you live but I am in a really small town - and I prayed and asked anyone and everyone to pray for me and I prayed for this healer -- and found one that utilizes this Trinfinity8 --- I just wished this holistic practicioner had used this $8,0000 machine earlier -- it really heals you -- I was worried about damage to my cells and DNA and brain -- and a sessions is around $40-$50 Trust me when you felt as sick as I did --- you need to regain your health... if you have savings - use them to get healthy... and the fee they wanted to charge you for refill should have been only $500 or so not $2K --- I can empathize with you --- and I will also send you a prayer... it does get better and maybe since you know about opiates - you will be more prepared than I was... keep me posted

Link | Top | Bottom

pma555

02/16/13 5:24 PM

oops sorry -- I did take ambien after non sleep for many days.. Ambien is different than benzioids (sp?) but still be careful - I hate drugs! and doctors that prescribe them! My sister was a Pharma rep and she knows how Pharma companies lobby and it all has side effects... I think 10 20 mg of ambien is okay... my sister also used to rep this ambient way back when -- it's not good to take anything -- but I am saying... a person needs some sleep and relief just to heal

Link | Top | Bottom

robinginnette

10/07/13 8:18 AM

I had been on pain meds for 4.5 years, after a drunk driver hit me while I was riding on a motorcycle. I wanted to get off of them, so I willingly put myself into a mental hospital that did drug detox. My second day in there, they gave me an 8 mg suboxone strip to put under my tongue. And the Doctor told me that not only would it help my detox, but it will help with my pain management and anxiety. I was put on it a week and three days ago, and have read everything I can on it, and have seen tons of horror stories. So as badly as I hated the opiates and benzo's I was on to make me not hurt so badly and feel normal in large groups of people, I hate this more. I hate the side effects, that have me dizzy and sleepy, and I hate having to take stool softners in everything I drink. Now, I see clearly and I also hate the pain I feel in my lower back, that pain management acturally had under perfect control, when I decided to do this stupid thing.... Detox for long term Suboxone users is sometimes 3 years.... I will not put myself thru that... Hope everybody else in here is doing well. *Robin*

Link | Top | Bottom

Pages: Next Page

Previous Page

New Post

Please login to post a response.